Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I had a new experience two weeks ago. I had a heart attack. I only thought I was having some indigestion, but my wife told me she didn't like me with a white pasty look, blue lips and a heavy cold sweat so I let her drive me to the hospital. She really wanted to call an ambulance, but I just couldn't stand the personal embarrassment of going to the ER and then finding out that I only had indigestion. Not a manly thing to do.

I could have ridden in an ambulance and suffered no embarrassment at all. When I got to the ER they hooked me up to many exotic devices. On reading the EKG the staff said "classic" and I was pretty sure they weren't taking about a '29 Dusenberg. I arrived there at 1 am and went directly to a procedure called heart catheterization. I got some very up to date procedures and, to make a long story shorter, I ultimately ended with three stents and some other exciting procedures. By 4 am (at least I think it was) I was lying in a hospital room in a morphine fog wishing the Doctor would shut up and let me sleep. A very poor time to be telling me about what happened and what to expect.

What does this mean to SPADflyer lovers? Well for the moment I will not be producing a lot. My wife seems to get panicky when I go in the shop and starts waving the Doctor's discharge orders aroung that say not to operate machinery. I tried to tell her that was only until the drugs all wore off, but since I gave her such a scare she is inclined to be very protective of me.

I am forced to stand down for two weeks, so check back on October 5 and I should be up and running again. In the meantime SPADflyer has to be "on vacation".

No comments: