Thursday, June 05, 2008

It always seems like just a day or two since the last post and then I go and look at the date and get disapointed in myself. Over a month since the last post and it seems like nothing is done.

Well the website host has been transferred. That is an accomplishment. Not really my accomplishment, since I only started it off and then handed the whole thing to my long suffering bride of 36 years. She spent a few hours figuring out the new host's methods and finally the webpage is up. The only trouble is that after all the time and attention to getting it moved over and fixing all the links, I realized that the whole thing needs a lot of freshening up. After three years of adding ideas to the pages, it looks a little disorderly. Well, you fix one thing and find four more to mess with. Being my own boss makes me wonder what a pain I must have been to my employees in another life.

One of my customers saw a symmetrical wing and liked it so much, he bought it and sent it as an example of what he would like to see. While the wing design has some limitations, it also gave me some solutions to one or two roadblocks. Thanks to Layne Anderson for the inspiration.

The philosophy of SPADflyer is to make a series of planes whose separate parts are somewhat interchangeable. The "parts bin" approach worked pretty well for GM, so I think it might have some value. Now I only have to find the discipline to get out in the shop and make the many ideas running around in my head into reality.

No comments: