Monday, February 11, 2008

Well life just gets more interesting by the day! I have been talking at length with the supplier of the SPADflyer landing gear since it is time to re-order. When I was down to the last five in the inventory, I suddenly couldn't get through to my supplier on the phone. A visit to the shop showed me that the shop was getting a new owner "at some time in the future". This meant that I was going to have to find a new supplier since they had laid off all the crew, including the shop foreman that was my contact. Woe is me!

The good news is that after a bit of a scramble I found another supplier in town willing to help me out on short notice. He had bid on the same job a few years back and discoverd that he could even find the bid in his office. Let's hear it for the packrats with good organizational skills. With just a brief discussion we came up with the changes I wanted that will result in a stronger landing gear with only 1oz more weight.

Only problem is I now have delivered all the landing gear in the inventory. Who knew that I would set January sales records! I am holding on to the hope that the new supplier will deliver by Friday. At least that is what he said he would try to do when we spoke on last Friday.

More on this when I know more.

Ed Sorrels

No comments: