Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wow! The price of aluminum has gone up and so must the price of the landing gear. The good news is I took the opportunity to increase the track and ground clearance of the gear. This should help protect the prop in the event of a hard landing. With the original design, sometimes the landing can be just hard enough to flex the gear outward and break the prop. You know how I know about this. So the fix is in. The new supplier does nice work and I am pleased with the quality of the new gear.

This means that the price of the kits went up, although not a whole lot. Nowadays the value of the US dollar is getting smaller by the minute, so my non-US customers will feel as though they are getting a bargain. Come to think of it it is a bargain even if you are Stateside.

The tail wheel wire is changed too, but there is no price change for that. Many were having trouble mounting the control horn on the wire with the old design, so I got busy and added a retention loop to the wire. This gives the control horn a nice big place to get a grip on the wire. I even get a lot less questions from customers about how to assemble it.

Here is a big "Thank You" to the customers that had to wait while I worked out the supplier problem for the landing gear. What you got for waiting a week and a half is a better product.

Stay tuned for the Website changes my lovely and industrious wife is implementing. It is good to have married a talented woman.

Ed Sorrels

No comments: