Sunday, April 04, 2010

Long time since the last post. The SPADgnat is nearly complete, but still waiting for the final touches. It may take longer even yet.

There are good reasons for the delay in postings. Bought a small home in Elk Horn and then tried to get some improvements done. Suffice it to say that a wet fall and an early winter with record snowfalls did in my best intentions. Having to fire a building contractor didn't make things any too smooth. When a contractor seems to have no memory of discussions of your needs and desires and then fails to pay his materials creditors there is no choice. I have a shotgun I inherited from my grandfather that has not even been loaded for fifty years, and I am considering breaking that record. Yeah I know it is only tough talk, but a fellow can only get so angry.

Anyway this has slowed things up in the R&D department. A customer has made some very valid requests for changes in the basic SPADflyer and they turned out to be excellent modifications that I have incorporated in the design. Thanks you Ernie Padgett for you observations. I no refer to these changes a the "Padgett mods".

Ernie also has an interest in a low wing SPADflyer. I will have to get this done soon, or Ernie will be less friendly. Yeah, I am only kidding.

The lack of inquiries about the SPADgnat suggests that interest is very slight if at all, so I will not be in too big a hurry to finish it, although I will be fun to at least get a test done.

Updating the instruction set is a higher priority since I have a fair collection of changes I want to make that will help all the builders.

Until the next time.

Ed Sorrels

No comments: