Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hello all!

Time has marched on and I am overdue for a post.  The House project is finished (at least outside) and I am moving on to things like wiring, plumbing and insulation of the addition.  The new contractor is excellent and managed to get through a very wet summer without bankrupting me.  I will need to eat a lot more beans now than I had planned, although it will make my cardiologist happy.

The Gnat as a project has died a death of neglect.  I doubt I will finish it due to an absence of interest on my part and on customer's part as well. 

Ernie Padgette (see Padgette Mods in previous post) has finished his effort at making a low wing SPADflyer.  It shows promise for production.  Thanks for the photos of your build, Ernie.

I also want to revisit the concept of a delta wing.  It will have to fit in the current shipping boxes as a matter of cost control and will therefore involve some manner of precut parts and a fold or two to get it all in.  This has worked on some kits I sent to Australia very well.

Back to the building process.  I will soon have a shop at home instead of 5 miles away.  Hooray!

No comments: