Sunday, February 20, 2011

After spending some time reviewing the costs of SPADflyer I have to change the prices.  It has been more than a year since the last price increase for SPADflyer prices.  Material COSTS have been  like a flea on a griddle.  I hope everyone enjoys the planes as much as I enjoy providing them, even with the price increase. Regardless, reality has reared it's ugly head.

The shop development project goes slowly due to extreme cold here in beautiful downtown Elk Horn, IA.  The good news is that the weather has changed over the last week and now it is almost balmy. Would you believe it warmed from daily highs of 20 degrees to a high last wednesday of 65 degrees. It was so good that I had to hurry up and get someone to install rain gutters and downspouts in anticipation of the monsoon season that will certainly arrive soon.  Rain last night convinced me of the wisdom of my decision.  Now to get the electrical installed so I can move all of my shop over from my daughter's house.  My son-in-law has been very understanding for the past two years, but I fear if I don't get moved soon he'll have to claim me as a dependent on his taxes.

The delta wing project is going slowly.  weight and balance and final configuration have the best of me at this time.  Never fear though, I will get it worked out and ready for production.

Happy Flying!

Ed Sorrels

No comments: